Dental Implants: Need, Types, Procedure, Cost | DrVinishaPandeyDentistry
What are Dental implants?
Dental implants are basically a procedure to insert a titanium/metal screw surgically to replace your missing tooth/teeth. It is an ideal solution if you miss a teeth. The screw is implanted straight into the jawbone and acts as a tooth root. Later, a crown is attached above the post to give the look and feel of an original tooth. These teeth work as normally as your natural ones.
Why should I get an implant?
There can be many incidences in life where one can lose a tooth. These may include poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, trauma, severe gum disease, accidents, etc.
These missing teeth need to be treated immediately or else can cause severe problems like:
* The missing tooth creates a gap and hence can cause speech issues.
* You might have trouble chewing solids.
* Missing teeth leads to sagging of muscles. These sagged muscles have difficulty in supporting lips and cheeks. This will make your face look older and wrinkled.
* Continuous biting with the missing tooth will result in pain in the jaw and facial muscles.
* The gap will eventually get filled by food which will accumulate into plague resulting in decaying of other teeth and gum diseases.
* The tooth next to the gap might get broken or tilted.
* You will avoid smiling at parties/ public gatherings due to fear of embarrassment. This will lower your self-esteem.
* You will stop participating actively in conversations due to a lack of self-confidence caused by the missing teeth.
Dental implants are suitable for all ages. This procedure will help you overcome all these problems and will bring a perfect smile to your face.
Common types of implants?
1. Endosteal :
In this procedure, a screw is first implanted in the jaw bone. Then the next step is to attach an artificial crown to the screw.
2. Subperiosteal :
Here, instead of a screw, a metal frame is inserted deep inside the jawbone. The healing process of the gums will take some time and then artificial teeth will be implanted.
How much does the procedure cost?
We at Dr. Vinisha Pandey Dentistry believe in giving you the best of everything. We maintain the quality and authenticity of the products and hence we assure you that you will get the best value for your treatment.
How painful will be the procedure of getting implants?
The procedure is not totally painless but an expert dentist will ensure that the patient has been provided with local anesthesia so that very little or no pain is felt.
Are dental implants worth it?
Yes, totally these implants are worth your time and money. The procedure might seem long but the results are worth your patience. Dental implants can last as long as 25 years if taken good care of.
Dr. Vinisha Pandey Dentistry
Book your appointments on +91-63886-20160